Difference Between Mormons and Christians
Mormons vs Christians
Mormons and Christians both believe in Jesus Christ. Though Mormons consider themselves to be Christians, they are not considered so by the Protestant and Catholic Christians. Both the Mormons and Christians share many things in common but there are also many differences between the two groups.
Mormons, as a religious group, were formed by Joseph Smith, who is regarded to have restored the church. It was in the 1820s that Mormonism developed. Official name of the Mormon church is ” The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints”.
Regarding the differences between Mormons and Christians, the former sect believes in the Book of Mormon, otherwise known as the Mormon bible as well as the Holy Bible; The Pearl of great Price, and Covenants and Doctrines. Christians believe in the Holy Bible.
Regarding their belief in God, the Mormons believe in a heavenly father who has a physical body. On the other hand, Christians believe in Trinitarian God, who has no physical body. For the Christians, they have one god, the Trinity with Jesus as Messiah. Christians also believe in salvation. Mormons do not believe in the Trinity or one God. But they have three Gods – The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. All the three are distinct from each other in all ways.
For the Christians, Jesus is believed to have been born to the Virgin Mary, whereas Mormons believe that Jesus had a natural birth and was born of a Heavenly Father and of Mary.
In terms of Sin, the Mormons believe that all men are accountable for their own sins and all mankind will be resurrected and saved at the last day. For Christians, sin is horrific as it dishonours God. They believe that sin is treason against God and the Holy Spirit.
When compared to Christians, the Mormons lead a disciplined life. The Mormons are against the use of alcohol, tobacco, tea, coffee and other addictive substances.
- Mormons as a religious group were formed by Joseph Smith, who is regarded to have restored the church. It was in 1820s that Mormonism was founded.
- Mormons believes in the Book of Mormon or the Mormon bible, they Â also have The Pearl of great Price and Covenants and Doctrines. Christians believe in the Holy Bible.
- For Christians, Jesus is believed to have been born to the Virgin Mary, Â whereas Mormons believe that Jesus had a natural birth.
- The Mormons believe in a heavenly father, who has a physical body. On the other hand, Christians believe in a Trinitarian God, who has no physical body.
- For Christians, there is one God – the Trinity, with Jesus as messiah. Mormons do not believe in the Trinity or one God, instead they have three Gods Â – the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
Leave a Response