RB 25 vs RB 26
The RB engines are different from other engines, and have always been the best with their technical characteristics and looks. RB engines are known for their high quality, drivability, durability and low fuel consumption. Well, the RB 25 and the RB 26 are two RB engines that come with even more power and efficiency.
The RB 25 and the RB 26 engines are different in many ways. While the RB 25 is a 2.5 L, 2498 cc engine, with a bore of 86.00 mm and a stroke of 71.7 mm, the RB 26 is a 2.6 L, 2568 cc engine, with a bore of 86.0 mm and a stroke of 73.7 mm.
Another difference is that RB 26 engines are more powerful than the RB 25 engines. Moreover, the RB 25 has hydralic lifters, whereas the RB 26 has solid lifters. When comparing their cost, the RB 25 engine is cheaper than the RB 26 engine.
When talking about RB 25 engines, they come in three types ‘“ RB 25 DE, RB 25 DET and NEO RB 25 DET. It was in 1993 that the RB 25 DE and the RB 25 DET engines were produced. In 1998, the RB 25 DET was fitted with a NEO head.
The RB 26 engines were used primarily from 1998 to 2002. Another added feature that can be seen in the RB 26 engines, is that they come with six individual throttle bodies. The engines also come with a twin turbo system, parallel. The RB 26 DETT engine is known as the king amongst all Nissan RB engines. The RB 26 engine has the power to produce 1400 horse power.
The RB 25 and the RB 26 also differ in their capacity. While the RB 25 comes wth a capacity of 2498 cc, the RB 26 comes with a capacity of 2566 cc. The RB 25 DE comes with a power of 190 hp at 5600 and the RB 25 DET comes with a power of 250 hp at 5600. On the other hand, the RB 26 comes with a power of 280 hp at 5600.
1. RB 26 engines are mopre powerful than RB 25 engines.
2. The RB 25 engines are 2.5 L, 2498 cc engines, with a bore of 86.00 mm and a stroke of 71.7 mm. On the other hand, the RB 26 engine is a 2.6 L, 2568 cc engine, with a bore of 86.0 mm and a stroke of 73.7 mm.
3. The RB 25 engine has hydralic lifters, whereas the RB 26 engine has solid lifters.
4. The RB 25 engines are cheaper than the RB 26 engines.
5. An added feature of the RB 26 engine is that it comes with six individual throttle bodies.