Difference Between Mosquito and Fleabites
Mosquito vs Fleabites
There can be a real confusion between a mosquito bite and a fleabite. Most of the time, people are confused with the mosquito bite and fleabite. Let us discuss some of the differences between the bites of mosquitoes and fleas.
Fleabites are generally seen in the legs and feet as the fleas are generally seen on the ground. The mosquito bites can be seen mostly in uncovered body parts whereas fleabites are seen mainly under the pants or socks. When comparing the bites, the fleabites are larger than the bite from a mosquito. Another difference that can be seen is that the itching lasts longer in a fleabite than the mosquito bite. It can also be seen that the bite from a flea comes in a series. So in case if you have rows of bites, then it is surely fleabites.
Now let us see what a flea is. It is a blood-sucking insect which generally feeds on animals. They can also bite humans and are known to jump about 16 inches. Mosquitoes are also blood-sucking insects. They do not jump but fly. It should be seen that only female mosquitoes bite humans. This is because female mosquitoes need human blood for producing eggs.
Now when comparing fleas, there are three main species that attack humans. They are the cat flea, human flea, and dog flea. Some of the common symptoms associated with fleas include rashes with small bumps, severe itching, and hives. These are also the same symptoms associated with mosquitoes.
Fleabites and mosquito bites can be treated. Once the flea’s life cycle is broken, they cannot survive. Once you have been bitten by a mosquito or a flea, wash the bites with soap or apply an ice pack. Calamine lotions and anesthetic creams can also be used.
1. Fleabites are generally seen on the legs and feet as the fleas are generally seen on the ground. The mosquito bites can be seen mostly in uncovered body parts.
2. When comparing the bites, the fleabites are larger than the bite from a mosquito.
3. The itching lasts longer in a fleabite than the mosquito bite.
4. The bite from a flea comes in a series.
5. Fleas and mosquitoes are blood-sucking insects. Fleas are known to jump about 16 inches; mosquitoes only fly. It should be noted that only female mosquitoes bite humans.
6. A cat flea, human flea, and dog flea are the main fleas that attack human beings.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.