Difference Between Salwar and Churidar
SalwarÂ vs Churidar
Salwar and Churidar are common dresses that are worn by the women on the Indian subcontinent. Churidar is a modern design and it can be said that Salwar paved the way for it.
When comparing the two, the churidar is considered to be more artificial than salwar. With the creation of the churidar, one can see a transformation from the traditional to the modern.
Though Salwar and Churidar are similar, the curves and cuts in the fabric differ. Churidar is more closely fitted at the thighs, hips and ankles than the salwar.
Churidar is designed to be tightly fitted from the knee down and looser from knee up. The churidar looks like leggings. On the other hand, Salwar is considered to be a loose pajama-like dress.
Another difference that can be seen between Salwar and Churidar is that the latter is longer. The ends have to be crinkled to fit in at the ankles. The creases that develop when the churidar is tucked in the ankles resemble bangles or churis and thus the name churidar.
The upper portion of salwar is wide spread unlike with the churidar, and also unlike the salwar, the churidar has a shape that resembles the leg.
There are different churidar and salwar styles available. When comparing the popularity, the churidar is preferred to the salwar.
Another difference that can be seen is in the pleats. Salwar has pleats on the upper portion whereas this is not normally the case with the Churidar.
- Salwar is a traditional dress whereas churidar is its modern variant.
- Churidar is more tightly fitted at the thighs, hips and ankles when compared to the salwar.
- Churidar is designed to be tight from the knee down and looser from the knee up.
- The churidar looks like leggings, while the Salwar is considered to be a loose pajama like dress.
- Churidar is longer than salwar.
- The upper portion of a salwar is spread widely unlike the churidar, and also unlike the salwar, the churidar has a shape that resembles the leg.
- The ends in a churidar have to be crinkled to fit in the ankles.
- Salwar has pleats on the upper portion whereas it is not normally present in Churidar.
- When comparing the popularity of both, the churidar is preferred to the salwar.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
Leave a Response