Difference Between Peanut Butter and Sunflower Butter
Peanut Butter vs. Sunflower Butter
Peanut butter is a popular and tasty food paste made from dried and roasted ground peanuts that is either sold in the two varieties of smooth and crunchy. Most of the consumer brands of peanut butter comprise of,
- Hydrogenated vegetable oil (for preventing oil separation and ensure stabilization)
- Salt (to avoid spoiling)
- Other sweeteners (for taste enhancement)
On the other hand sunflower butter or the sunflower seed butter is an evolved state of the well-liked sunflower seed snack. It is one of the popular alternatives to peanut butter made from specially roasted sunflower seeds.
Peanut butter has a number of beneficial characteristics that can prove to be advantageous to health. Peanut butter is effective in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Peanut butter contains,
- Huge amount of monostaurated fat
- Resveratrol and other health benefiting elements
- Protein and Vitamin B3 and E
- Magneisum and folate
- Dietary fibers
- Lots of antioxidant p-coumaric acid
Sunflower butter is superior to peanut butter when compared in terms of nutrition content. Sunflower butter contains,
- Lesser levels of contained saturated fat, it is 1/3 less
- 27% of Vitamin E in a single serving
- Huge fiber, protein and iron content
- Antioxidants vitamin E and selenium
- B vitamins
- Copper and zinc
- Folate and phytosterols (help lower cholesterol)
- High in linoleic acid
- Essential fatty acids
Peanut butter is used in the preparation of gourmet peanut butter, various kinds of jellies and chocolates and is commonly used as a spread for sandwiches. A peanut butter based food called plumpy’nut is applied to fight malnutrition amongst the populace of countries struck by famine. A single pack of this product contains as many as 500 calories and requires no refrigeration or cooking for consumption. On the other hand sunflower butter is used in the preparation of various sweet dishes and savory servings including cakes and cookies, breads, salads and pilafs, stuffing and diverse kinds of grain dishes and vegetable dishes.
Peanut Butter in general has a sweet taste. On the contrary sunflower butter is not that sweet but has a slight heavy flavor which can be blended with a little dash of honey or jam.
1. Peanut butter is made from grounded and roasted ground peanuts, whereas sunflower butter is made from specially roasted sunflower seeds.
2. Peanut butter tastes sweet whereas sunflower butter is less sweet with a little heavy flavor.
3. Peanut butter is used as sandwich spread and in chocolates and jellies whereas sunflower butter is used in salads, breads, pilafs and grain dishes.
4. Sunflower butter is nutritious to peanut butter as its rich in vitamin, protein and fiber and has lesser amounts of monosaturated fat.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.