Difference Between Blackberry Playbook and Apple’s New iPad
Blackberry Playbook vs Apple’s New iPad
- Apple just recently released a new iPad. And with the huge price cuts on the Blackberry Playbook, it is worth weighing the pros and cons of getting one over the other. The main difference between the new iPad and the Playbook is the their size as the new iPad is larger and heavier than the Playbook. This is, of course, because of the new iPad sporting Apple’s standard 9.7 inch screen, which is more than a third larger than the 7 inch screen of the Playbook. The screen of the new iPad also features a much higher resolution, which is higher than all other tablets including the Playbook. The choice between the two is down to preference; whether you want a larger screen, or you want a small and light device that you can carry in your purse or jacket. The screen resolution is not really that important, unless you can really tell the difference.
- The new iPad is larger and heavier than the Playbook
- The new iPad has a larger screen than the Playbook
- The new iPad has cellular connectivity while the Playbook doesn’t
- The Playbook has a higher resolution front-facing camera than the new iPad
- The Playbook has a memory card slot while the new iPad doesn’t
Another advantage of the new iPad over the Blackberry Playbook is cellular connectivity. Apple provides models with and without cellular connectivity, so you can get one if you need it and you can choose the models without it to reduce the price. For the new iPad, those with cellular connectivity are capable of connecting to 2G, 3G, and 4G networks. The Blackberry Playbook doesn’t have cellular connectivity and is restricted to WiFi for all online needs.
When it comes to cameras, the two are quite adequate with their dual cameras. The Blackberry Playbook has a slight advantage over the new iPad when it comes to the resolution of the front-facing cameras, because the Playbook’s has a much higher resolution. The higher resolution makes the front-facing camera also suitable for taking pictures, aside from the usual video calling use.
The Playbook and new iPad comes in three capacities; 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. The only difference in this aspect is the presence of an SD card slot in the Playbook. This lets the users expand the capacity of their device up to an additional 32GB.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.