Difference Between Apple and PC
Apple vs PC
It is hard to imagine a world without computers. From the time they were first introduced, they have greatly influenced people’s lives like no other electronic gadget has. Today, even little kids can operate computers and know how to use the different software available.
This is due to the fast development of computers. While, before there were only giant computers, today there are personal computers in the form of desktops and laptops. Some handheld computers are also available for consumers.
Two of the biggest computer hardware and software producers are Apple and IBM. Their rivalry has led to the wide availability of computers today. They feature different operating systems in their computers with the intention of making computer use easier for consumers.
Apple is an American corporation that produces electronics, computer software, and personal computers. It was established on April 1, 1976 and has been called the most admired company in the United States and the world.
Its Macintosh or Mac line of computers has produced some of the most popular hardware products in the computer industry, including the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Its software products are also well known like the OS X operating system, iTunes media browser, iLife suite, iWork suite, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, Logic studio, and the mobile operating system, iOS.
The Mac computers were the first users of GUI, consumer-level graphics that makes them user friendly. Users didn’t have to know computer language in order to use Mac computers. Users have the ability to drag files to and from folders placed on the desktop. Mac computers also come in more elegant designs.
A PC is generally a computer that can be operated directly by an individual. It can be a desktop, laptop, or a palmtop computer. IBM is one of the leading personal computer producers in the world.
The disk operating system of IBM computers is supplied by Microsoft Corporation which introduced the Windows operating system. Although it was not a true operating system but was an add-on for DOS, it paved the way for the PC’s entry into the world of graphical user interface (GUI).
PC’s are less expensive compared to Macs, which is why they are more widely used by consumers today. Another reason is because most software available today works on the PC.
1. PC’s are more affordable than Macs.
2. Most software available in the market today work on the PC, while they don’t on the Mac.
3. Macs were the first to use graphical user interface (GUI), which makes personal computers easier to use by the users, while PC’s came in second and copied the Mac.
4. Macs are geared towards more elegant designs, while PC’s are geared towards producing more affordable computers for users.
5. Although they basically operate the same, the main difference is in the quality of their products. Macs are definitely more elegant and durable, while PC’s produce computers that are not as durable as the Macs.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.