Difference Between WPF and ASP.NET
WPF vs ASP.NET
WPF, or Windows Presentation Foundation, is an application used for creating GUI interface for the Windows operating system. It is a one-stop shop for your images, documents, movies, media with their creation, display, and manipulation. It has the capability to manage Windows applications including actions like running, executing, and building them as well. It has been able to clearly define the boundaries between the user interface and the business perspective surrounding it. WPF has been able to manipulate the use of DirectX that has been embedded in its lowest level of architecture to come up with functionalities like animations, 2D and 3D drawings, different audio and video features, fixed and adaptive documents, data binding, and other graphic capabilities. It is based on .NET 3.0 and uses XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language) capabilities by introducing the use of combo-boxes, buttons, etc. as part of the designer.
ASP.NET is a Microsoft product that is used to design dynamic web sites, applications, and services. It comes as part of the .NET framework, and its predecessor was ASP (Active Server Pages) technology. It is based on Common Language Runtime (CLR) that allows developers to write ASP.NET code using any other .NET language. The web pages developed using ASP.NET are called Web Forms that carry an .aspx extension. These web forms use XHTML markup language and features like server-side web controls and user controls that help the developers to manage the static as well as dynamic contents on the page. Microsoft has been able to segregate the static and dynamic content on a web form via extensions. All .aspx pages contain static contents while dynamic are associated with .aspx.vb or .aspx.cs or .aspx.fs files.
1. WPF is primarily used for desktop applications whereas ASP.NET is associated with things on the web.
2. WPF uses XAML capabilities to build the user-interface while ASP.NET depends on XHTML features with server-side web controls and user controls capabilities.
1. WPF can only be used if you have a .NET framework and Internet Explorer installed
on your system.
2. WPF takes more time to load pages. That means performance-wise it’s not that
3. WPF has a rich UI, and Windows programmers easily understand its code.
4. ASP.NET requires the programmer to have a knowledge of web model, UI
understanding and cross-browser testing.
5. ASP.NET is independent of the browser so it provides users with universal access.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
jeyakanth. "Difference Between WPF and ASP.NET." DifferenceBetween.net. June 13, 2011 < http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/software-technology/difference-between-wpf-and-asp-net-3/ >.
Leave a Response
Written by : jeyakanth. and updated on June 13, 2011
See more about : Operating system