Difference Between Civil engineering and Architecture
Civil engineering vs Architecture
You may already have an idea on the process of designing and the construction of buildings, mansions, and other edifice; and you know for a fact that the job requires professionals like Architects and Civil Engineers.
It is very likely that your idea of their work is vague. Maybe when you think of architects, you would only visualize a person making drawings on large sheets of paper and when you think of civil engineers, you imagine someone with a hardhat analyzing on the field of construction, yelling instructions to workers involved in the assembly. If you were thinking along these lines, though stereotypical, you are to some extent accurate.
However, there are marked differences between the fields of architecture and civil engineering. In fact, the two practices have well-defined responsibilities that make them distinct from each other.
Architecture is mainly a practice of designing structures with aesthetics and spatial functionality in mind. Architects may have the basic to advanced knowledge of structural mechanics but their primary focus is always, first and foremost, the creativity, look and feel, and functionality of the design. Structural vision starts in the field of architecture.
Civil engineering, also referred as structural engineering, specializes in the structural elements of systems, ensuring that facilities can withstand normal and extreme loading conditions. Civil engineers work closely with architects and they are responsible for making the vision of architects into a realization. Civil engineering deliberates on the physics involved in the construction process of the architect’s design.
Civil engineering may also tackle the particulars of design but the practice is often not concerned with the aesthetics and intended function of structures. Civil Engineers will rather focus on innovative ways to make the design work. When they see something in the design as impractical, they can suggest a design modification from the ones involved in the architectural department.
A good engineer-architect relationship is vital to have a more efficient, high quality project result.
A good civil engineer will always give the best efforts to make the design into a reality. A good architect, on the other hand, will always consider the practicality of the design so it can be built with less cost and at a faster rate. They may overlap each other’s work but in the ideal world, each has its own expertise to be esteemed.
1. Architecture is more into the creativity of designs. Civil engineering focus on innovation to realize that design.
2. Architecture involves the design of structures with the focus on aesthetics and functionality. Civil engineering will not normally care about those things; Civil Engineers will rather deliberate and plan the methodology to construct the design.
3. Architecture initiates the project through architects’ drafts. Civil engineering involves studying drafts and examining the practicality of the design; civil engineers ensure that the design can withstand normal and extreme loading conditions.
4. Architects will need engineers help to make their designs work. Civil engineers will be guided by the architectsÂ’ outlines and dimensions.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Diffference Between AMD Athlon and AMD Turion | Difference Between | Diffference Between AMD Athlon vs AMD Turion
Leave a Response