Difference Between Amber and Lager
Amber vs Lager
Amber and lager are beers. They are different alcoholic beverages having difference in their brewing process, taste and flavour. Mainly beer is divided into Lager and ale. Amber can be called as a type of Ale.
One of the main differences that is noticed between lager and amber is in the fermenting process. LagerÂ beers are made from bottom fermenting Yeast whereas Amber is made from top fermenting Yeasts. During the process of brewing in Lager, low temperature is used and the brewing is done for a longer period. Generally the yeast is fermented at temperatures below ten degree Celsius. It is because of this that the Lager beers have fine flavor than the Amber beers. But in the case of Ambers, it is brewed for a short time and at warm temperatures.
There is also difference in alcohol content between lager and amber. The Lager beers come with low alcohol content when compared to Amber beers. The lager beers get their name as it can be put aside or stored.
Amber is a term mainly used in the US for describing different beers ranging in their colours. When compared to lager beers, the Amber beers are transparent. Earlier Ambers were considered to be synonymous with Pale Ales but Ambers got their distinctive place in the 20th century.
When drinking the two beers, there is a lot of difference in their taste and flavour. Unlike the Amber beers, the lager beers have strong flavor, taste and aroma. But when coming to the colour, the lager beers are paler to the Amber beers, which are also pale. The amber beers also contain coloured malt, which imparts a different tone.
There is also amber lager, which is brighter than the unique lager.
- The main difference between lager and amber is in the fermentation process. LagerÂ beers are made from bottom fermenting Yeast whereas Amber is made from top fermenting Yeasts.
- During the process of brewing in Lager, low temperature is used and the brewing is done for a longer period. But in the case of Ambers, it is brewed for a short time.
- Lager comes with low alcohol content than Amber beers.
- When compared to lager beers, the Amber beers are transparent.
- In comparison of taste and flavor, the lager beers are stronger in flavor, taste and aroma.
- Amber beers also contain coloured malt, which gives it a different tone.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
Leave a Response