iPad 2 vs Sony Tablet S
Tablets seem to be the new “in” thing for electronic companies, and many are jumping into the fray. One of the more recent entrants is Sony with the Tablet S. Let’s see how their product compares with the iPad 2, its contemporary in the tablet market. The first difference between the iPad 2 and the Sony Tablet is the size and weight. The Sony Tablet S is slightly smaller and lighter than the iPad 2. This is apparent in how the screen of the Tablet S is smaller by just one-third of an inch compared to the screen of the iPad. But even though it has the smaller screen, it has a higher resolution and greater pixel density. Many of the features of the iPad 2 and the Sony Tablet S are identical, except for the specs and a few other minor differences.
Both the iPad 2 and the Sony Tablet S are equipped with dual cameras; one on the front for video calling and another at the back for taking photos and videos. But the Sony Tablet S has the higher resolution on the rear-facing camera with its 5 megapixel camera. The rear-facing camera of the iPad 2 has a meager 0.7 megapixel sensor. This resolution is just enough to let it shoot 720p videos, which the Sony Tablet S is also capable of doing. When it comes to photos, the camera of the Sony Tablet is the much better option; especially when you view the image on a computer or any large screen. The front-facing cameras of both devices have the same 0.3 megapixel resolution. This is good enough for video calling only.
You get different storage capacities with these two tablets. Both tablets have 16 and 32 gigabyte models, but only the iPad comes in a 64 gigabyte model. But the Sony Tablet S makes up for it with its memory card slot. It can take SDHC memory cards with a maximum capacity of 32GB.
Lastly, there is the operating system being used by the tablets. The iPad has its own OS while the Sony Tablet S uses the Android operating system. Both are already established operating systems, and you can’t go wrong with either one.
- The Sony Tablet S is slightly smaller and lighter than the iPad 2.
- The cameras on the Sony Tablet S have higher resolutions than the cameras on the iPad 2.
- The Sony Tablet S has a memory card slot but doesn’t come in a 64GB model like the iPad 2 does.
- The Sony Tablet S uses Android while the iPad uses iOS.
- Difference Between Sony Cybershot S Series and W Series - December 22, 2012
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 - December 21, 2012
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S2 (Galaxy S II) and Galaxy S 4G - December 20, 2012