Difference Between Honda Civic And Accord
Honda Civic vs Accord
Civic and Accord are both from Honda stables, however, they are designed to target a different set of customers. While Both these cars are designed as midsized family cars the Accord targets the higher end of the market.
The basic sedan LX model with manual transmission of Accord comes with an I-VTEC 2.4 liter DOHC engine offering 177 horsepower. The Civic on the other comes with a 1.8 Liter SOHC engine offering 140 horsepower. As one can see that the Accord is definitely a high performance car when compared to the Civic. This performance, however, comes at a penalty. The fuel economy offered by the Accord as claimed by the company is 22 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway. The Civic on the other hand is offering 26 MPG in the city while 34 on the highway.
To control this higher performance the Accord offers disc brakes in all the four wheels as standard however the Civic has 2 front disc brakes and the rear 2 are drums. The Accord also offers double wishbone suspension as compared to the independent suspension of Civic. The Accord also offers traction control as a standard which is not available in Civic.
The Accord also offers a few comfort features not available in the Civic like auto off head lights, illuminated vanity mirror, remote trunk release, overhead storage, etc. The Accord also offers a longer and a wider car with a larger wheel base. The weight of the car is 3230 lbs as compared to 2687 of the Civic. The passenger cabin volume, legroom, shoulder room and cargo volume are also higher in the Accord. The Accord also offers a higher fuel capacity of 18.5 gallons compared to 13.2 gallons of Civic enabling is to travel a much longer distance in a tank full.
This comfort and performance comes at the price. The price for the Accord Sedan LX Manual Transmission Is USD 21,765/- while that for the Civic Sedan LX Manual Transmission is USD 18,315/-.
1. While both are compact midsize cars the Accord targets the higher end of the market.
2. Comparing the base models of both the cars Accord offers I-VTEC DOHC 2.4 Liter while Civic offers SOHC 1.8 Liter.
3. Civic offers a higher fuel economy.
4. Accord offers more comfort and convenience features as compared to Civic.
5. Accord price tag is higher than the Civic by almost USD 3,500/-
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Honda Accord LX and EX | Difference Between | Honda Accord LX vs EX
- Difference Between Honda Accord And Mazda 6 | Difference Between | Honda Accord And Mazda 6
- Difference Between Honda Accord and Acura TSX | Difference Between | Honda Accord vs Acura TSX
Leave a Response