Difference Between Honda Accord and Acura TSX
Honda Accord vs Acura TSX
The Acura TSX is a luxury car manufactured by Honda classed as an entry level luxury car. Since its introduction in 2003 it was only being sold in the United States and Canada but Mexico will soon be part of the North American markets where it will be sold starting from 2009. The Acura TSX is basically badge engineered from the CL ‘“series Honda Accord and it initially had a different interior design and suspension tuning from the Accord but it was standardized for both vehicles as of 2008 to date. The Honda Accord shares a lot of similarities with the TSX given they are essentially the same car but sold under different badge name depending on the market.
Comparing key features
The 2009 Acura TSX is fully redesigned comprising of a 2.4 liter in-line 4 cylinder base engine that can reach up to 201 horsepower. The 2009 Honda Accord’s two sedans LX and the LX-P are powered by 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder engines will reach horsepower of 177, slightly lower than the Acura’s. Even the upgraded engine version in the Accord’s EX sedans and all its coupes gives less horsepower of 190 than the Acura’s.
The TSX was built for luxury and it goes by no mistake that represents Honda’s luxury brand. More tech-specific buyers would go for the TSX. It comes with a navigation system capable of weather and traffic reporting, iPod integration and high-intensity discharge headlights.
In terms of body style and design the Accord’s front bumper is slightly more raised from the ground than the TSX’s and its body is generally bigger than the TSX’s. The Accord will give you a more spacious cabin with its large backseat and also a bigger trunk for luggage. Basically for any intending car owner that would care more about everyday usability than luxury then the Accord would be the better choice as you will also get it at a lower cost than the TSX.
1. The Acura TSX is badge engineered from the Honda Accord and it is specifically sold in North American markets.
2. The Acura TSX is more luxurious and packed with more high tech features than the Accord.
3. For the base engines of both cars, the Acura’s gives slightly more horsepower than the Accord.
4. The Accord offers better everyday usability, more cabin and trunk space and a slightly bigger body than the Acura TSX.
5. For its luxurious features, the Acura costs more than the Accord.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Honda Accord and Passat | Difference Between | Honda Accord vs Passat
- Difference Between Honda Accord and Mitsubishi Galant | Difference Between | Honda Accord vs Mitsubishi Galant