Difference Between Plasma and LCD
It is hard to tell the difference when you look at a flat and thin television, whether it is a Plasma television or LCD. But the underlying technology makes all the difference between them.
In Plasma television two panels of glass contains tiny cells which are filled with noble gas, which is turned into Plasma electrically and excite red, green and blue phosphors to emit different color light. LCD television, on the other hand, constitute of two transparent layers, one of which is made up of tiny pixels filled with liquid crystals. When energized liquid crystals block certain kind of color from showing and thus create the image. There is a back light in LCD which makes the image visible to the user.
The main difference between LCD and Plasma is the refresh rate. Compared to Plasma, LCD has a slower refresh rate, which creates visible ghosting on the LCD screen when images move faster. Seeing multiple cursors on the screen, when moving the mouse quickly on an LCD is a perfect demonstration of ghosting. But recent models of LCDs have refresh rates closer to Plasma.
LCD screens weigh less than Plasma television and use less electricity. LCD television produce less heat than its Plasma counter part.
Screen burn-in is one of the biggest drawbacks of Plasma television. Prolonged display of a static image can create a permanent ghost-like image of these objects on Plasma screen.
1. Plasma television face the issue of screen burn-in of static images. But LCD doesn’t have this problem.
2. LCD uses lower electricity compared to Plasma.
3. LCD weigh less and produces less heat.
4. Plasma television is better in displaying faster moving images than LCD.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Laptop and Notebook computer | Difference Between
- Difference Between LCD and CRT | Difference Between | LCD vs CRT
- Difference Between LCD and OLED | Difference Between | LCD vs OLED
- Difference Between DVI and Analog | Difference Between | DVI vs Analog
Leave a Response