Difference Between American and Mexican Strat
American vs Mexican strat
Stratocaster often called as Strat, an electric guitar, has always been a favorite of music lovers. Strats come in different types and the most favorite ones are the American and the Mexican models. Well, these two models ‘“ American and Mexican ‘“ though are widely used comes with specific differences.
One of the major differences that can be seen between American and Mexican Strats is in the type of wood that is used for its making. When comparing the quality of the woods used, the wood used in American starts comes in higher quality than the Mexican model. Normally Ash or alder is used in the making of American Strat.
While American Strats are made of three wood pieces, the Mexican strats are made of five pieces. It has been said that this difference has its impact on the tone also. It has been noted that American start comes in higher quality than the Mexican model. The American strat gives a modified tone called as delta tone.
The American Strat has 22 frets whereas the Mexican model comes with 21 frets. While the American strat has a width of 1.685 inches at the nut, the Mexican strat has a width of 1.650 inches at the nut.
The bridge part in both the American and the Mexican Strat are also different. Replacing the bridge part in American Strat is quite difficult thant he Mexican part. While the American strat makes use of imperial measurements, the Mexican ones make use of the metric measurements.
Well, when talking of quality, the American Strat is superior to the Mexican. It gives a better look and better tones. Generally the American strat is more preferred by music lovers than the Mexican model.
1. American strat is considered to be superior to the Mexican strat in quality, looks and tone.
2. When comparing the quality of woods used, the wood used in American starts is higher in quality than the Mexican model.
3. American Strats are made of three wood pieces. On the other hand, the Mexican strats are made of five pieces.
4. American strat has a better tone quality than the Mexican strat.
5. When the American Strat has 22 frets, the Mexican model has 21 frets.
6. While the American strat makes use of imperial measurements, the Mexican ones make use of the metric measurements.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
Leave a Response