Difference Between Blackberry and Mulberry
Blackberry vs Mulberry
Blackberry and mulberry almost resemble each other. They are very small fruits and no one really differentiates the two. But the two are very much different in many ways.
Mulberry is a deciduous tree, which is native to Asia, Europe and Africa. On the other hand, Blackberry is a perennial plant, which is seen in South American and temperate Northern hemisphere. While Mulberries belong to morus genus, moraceae family, the Blackberries belong to rubus genus and rosaceae family.
Well, Mulberries are not considered genuine berries though they are said so. On the other hand, Blackberries are considered to be genuine berries.
Another difference that is seen is that blackberry fruits grow on bushes and mulberry fruits in trees. The mulberry trees do not have thorns but on the other hand the blackberry bushes have thorns.
Coming to the fruits, the blackberry and mulberry are different in their shape and taste. Mulberries are larger than blackberries and have almost an oval shape. On the contrary, blackberries are almost round. When the blackberry fruits come in very dark purple to black color, a mulberry fruit comes in red to dark purple colors.
Both the mulberry and blackberry have nutritional qualities. The two berries are rich in fibers, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, potassium and magnesium. They are also both rich in antioxidants and low in fats, sodium and cholesterol.
Another difference that can be seen is that mulberry fruits stain. Unlike the blackberry fruits, the color of the mulberry fruits spread over the skin, mouth and clothes when comes in contact.
It is in the mulberry leaves that the silk worms are grown. But the blackberry leaves can only be food to certain grazing mammals.
When picking up mulberries, it comes with the stem. But blackberries do not come with the stem.
1. Mulberries belong to morus genus, moraceae family. Blackberries belong to rubus genus and rosaceae family.
2. Blackberry is a bush with thorns and mulberry is a tree without any thorns.
3. Mulberry is a deciduous tree, native to Asia, Europe and Africa. On the other hand, Blackberry is a perennial plant seen in South American and temperate Northern hemisphere.
4. Mulberrry fruits are larger than blackberries and have almost an oval shape. On the contrary, blackberries are almost round.
5. Blackberry fruits are very dark purple to black color. Whereas, a mulberry fruit is red to dark purple.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.