Difference Between PS3 and Xbox 360
PS3 vs Xbox 360
The PS3 or the PlayStation3 is the latest home video game console launched by the world renowned Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third gadget in the entire PlayStation Series and follows the prior PlayStation 2. On the other hand the Xbox 360 is the latest video game console brought to the global market by the Microsoft Corporation. It is the second in the range and is the closest market competitor of the PS3 and the Nintendo Wii. Both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 belong to the seventh generation of video game consoles that has taken the entire gaming industry at a toll.
Some of the major features that are new in the third generation PlayStation3 are,
- Unified Online Gaming Service
- The latest PlayStation Network which is in contrast to the preceding policy of depending on the video game developers for online gaming
- Blu-ray Disc (the primary storage medium), in fact the PS3 is one of the first Blu-ray 2.0-compliant Blu-ray player existing
- Connectivity directly by way of the PlayStation Portable
- Tough multimedia capabilities
- High-definition optical disc format
On the other hand, some of the prominent characteristics of the Xbox 360 are,
- An integrated Xbox Live service which gives the players a chance to compete live
- It allows you to download various content including game demos, trailers, arcade games, movies and daily soaps
- Windows Media Center multimedia capabilities
- High definition support in each and every game
- Game downloads and movie rentals from the online market
- Allows users to watch movies on the discontinued HD DVD format using an add-on drive
The Xbox 360 hit the market prior to the PlayStation3. It was officially launched on MTV on May 12, 2005. The detailed game information and other technicalities were launched one month later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. On the other hand the PlayStation3 came into the market on November 11, 2006. It was first released in Japan, thereon in North and South America on 17th November, 2006. Finally on 23rd March, 2007 it hit the markets in Europe and Oceania.
A new slim model of the PS3 was launched in September 2009 and the model presently has a 60GB hard drive with several supplementary features. On the other hand the present model of the Xbox 360 has two configurations, the Elite and the Arcade with individual accessories to go along.
1. The PS3 belongs to the Sony Computer Entertainment while the Xbox 360 belongs to the Microsoft Corporation
2. PS3 is the third in the PlayStation range while the Xbox 360 is the second in the range.
3. Though the PS3 characterizes sturdy multimedia capabilities the Xbox 360 brings forth the Windows Media Center multimedia capabilities
4. Xbox 360 came into the market on May 12, 2005 while PlayStation3 hit the market on November 11, 2006.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Free Version of Knothole Island and Premium Version | Difference Between | Free Version of Knothole Islvs vs Premium Version