Difference Between game and sport
Sport vs Game
People often take game and sport as to be the same one. However, game and sport are entirely different. A game involves more than one person and a sport pertains to only an individual’s skills and performance.
A physical activity, Sport is carried out under an agreed set of rules. Sport is related to recreational purpose, either for self-enjoyment or competition or for both. A game is also for recreational activities and it involves one or more players. Played on the basis of a set of rules, a game is defined as a goal that the players try to achieve. As like sport, game is also played for enjoyment.
Sport is an activity or activities where the material capabilities of the sportsperson are looked upon. In a sport, it is the sportsperson or the individual who determines the outcome. Well, an individual’s talent does not determine a game. It is the entire performance of the players that determines the winner in a game. An individual’s skill or performance, though has much significance, does not count much in a game; it is only the coordination and team spirit that leads the game.
A person participating in a sport is called as athlete or a sports person. A person who participates in a game is known as player.
When a game relies on strategy, sport is based on individual performances and luck.
In a sport, the athlete can take independent decisions, but a player cannot take such independent decisions in a game. A decision is taken at a game collectively among two or more players.
Another difference between sport and game is that the former is based on physical energy and the later is based on mental strength. Sport is played with a view of competition in mind while game is played with a friendly attitude.
One can come across more professionalism in sport than the game. In a sport, the athlete or sports person is expected to show good sportsmanship and also have high standards of conduct like respecting the opponents and the officials. But in a game, an individual may not deliver such character. In game, the performance of the whole team is taken into account.
Sport is organized and competitive. It also requires commitment and fair play. An athlete or a sports person always gain popularity and maintains a name for his skills. But in a game, it is not the individual who gains popularity but it is the entire team that carves out a niche.
1. Sport involves individual skills. In game, it is the collective responsibility of a team
2. Sport is based on physical energy and game based on mental strength.
3. Game relies on strategy, sport is based on individual performances and luck.
4. Sport is an activity or activities where the material capabilities of the sportsperson are looked upon. It is the entire performance of the players that determines the winner in a game.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Football and Soccer | Difference Between | Football vs Soccer
- Difference Between Skiing and Snowboarding | Difference Between | Skiing vs Snowboarding
- Difference Between Rival And Enemy | Difference Between | Rival And Enemy
- Difference Between Umpire and Referee | Difference Between | Umpire vs Referee
- Difference Between Snooker and Pool Table | Difference Between | Snooker vs Pool Table
- Difference Between NBC and MSNBC | Difference Between | NBC vs MSNBC
- Difference Between Softball and Baseball | Difference Between | Softball vs Baseball
- Difference Between Jacket and Coat | Difference Between | Jacket vs Coat
- Difference Between Guitar Hero and Rock Band | Difference Between | Guitar Hero vs Rock Bvs
Leave a Response