Difference Between USA and UK
USA vs UK
USA and the UK are two different conglomerate of states in the world. USA, completely known as United States of America has a federal and constitutional republic form of government while the UK (United Kingdom) instills the constitutional monarchy-parliament governance. In this regard, the head of the state along with the representatives are elected into office by the people in the US. They do their roles as government officials under the code of an already set constitution. Conversely, the UK has its monarch who acts as the head of state and absolute power is not vested unto this monarch because there is usually a duly elected separate head of the government that exercises political powers. These leaders, like in the US, uphold a set of laws in the form of a constitution.
In terms of the number of states, the US is composed of fifty different states and a federal district (the seat of governance). The UK is a unitary or single state nation that is composed of four separate countries namely: Northern Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland.
Geographically speaking, the US is like a large continent with most of its states residing in the Northern American continent. UK, on the other hand, is an aggregate of small and big islands. Thus, it is more similar to an archipelago. The US has an obvious advantage of land size because it is dubbed as the third or fourth largest country with a total of 9.83 million square kilometers of land. UK only has 244,820 square kilometers of land.
The US economy is obviously the number one and biggest sole national economy worldwide that reaches more than US $14 trillion of GDP while the UK is only placed at 6th place with over US $2 trillion. However, it must not be forgotten that UK was hailed as the first ever industrialized country in the world. It was even the most powerful country during the 19th century. But when the World Wars came to reality, its power slowly dwindled. Today, the US has become the most powerful nation in the world in terms of military strength and national defense.
1. The USA practices the federal constitutional republic form of government while the UK uses constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system.
2. USA has 50 states and one federal district whereas the UK is a single state kingdom comprised of four different countries.
3. The USA is more of a continent (a clumped piece of land) whereas the UK is more of an archipelago.
4. The USA has a bigger land area than UK, as well as, a bigger GDP or gross domestic product.
5. UK was a more powerful nation in the 19th century while the USA is the present most powerful nation in the world.
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.
- Difference Between Hiroshima Atomic Bomb and Nagasaki Atomic Bomb | Difference Between | Hiroshima Atomic Bomb vs Nagasaki Atomic Bomb
- Difference Between Samba and Salsa | Difference Between | Samba vs Salsa
- Difference Between Governor and Senator | Difference Between | Governor vs Senator
- Difference Between Right and Freedom | Difference Between | Right vs Freedom
- Difference Between Water Proof and Water Resistant | Difference Between | Water Proof vs Water Resistant
- Difference Between King and Emperor | Difference Between | King vs Emperor
- Difference Between Center and Centre | Difference Between | Center vs Centre
- Difference Between GMC and Chevy | Difference Between | GMC vs Chevy
- Difference Between Uganda and Rwanda | Difference Between | Ugvsa vs Rwvsa
- Difference Between Ziti and Penne | Difference Between | Ziti vs Penne
- Difference Between the Navy and Marines | Difference Between | the Navy vs Marines
Leave a Response