Motorola Droid X vs. Motorola Droid 2
The Droid 2 and Droid X are two phones from Motorola for the CDMA network. These phones do not work for GSM networks, so you better think twice about travelling anywhere in the world with them. The main difference between these two phones is the slide out QWERTY keyboard of the Droid 2. This causes the Droid 2 to be slightly heavier and much thicker than the Droid X, despite the Droid 2’s smaller screen (3.7 inches compared to the 4.3 inch screen on the Droid X). Even so, the keyboard and all it brings is quite welcome to people who are heavy on emails and text messaging.
One aspect where the Droid 2 wins over the Droid X is internal memory, as the former has 8 GB of internal memory and the latter only has 6.5GB. But when you factor-in the memory cards included the box, the Droid X wins with 8GB and 16GB respectively. Memory is important when you want to take the best quality photos. And even in this criterion, the Droid X is still better than the Droid 2. Equipped with an 8 megapixel camera, the Droid X can take much better pictures than the Droid 2. The same is also true when it comes to video as the Droid X can take 720p HD quality video. Although there have been rumors about the Droid 2 having the ability to record 720p video with Froyo (Android 2.2), it has not materialized and 480p is what the Droid 2 is capable of; although the hardware specs seem to indicate that it is capable of doing 720p.
Lastly, the Droid 2 is the less power hungry of the two. On a smaller 1400mAH battery, the Droid 2 can squeeze up to 315 hours of standby and 10 hours of call time. On the other hand, the Droid X can only manage 220 hours of standby and 8 hours of call time despite having the a bigger capacity 1540mAH battery.
1. The Droid 2 has a QWERTY keyboard, while the Droid X doesn’t
2. The Droid 2 has a smaller screen than the Droid X
3. The Droid 2 has slightly more memory than the Droid X
4. The Droid 2 has a lower resolution camera than the Droid X
5. The Droid 2 can only record at 480p, while the Droid X can record at 720p
6. The Droid 2 is more energy efficient than the Droid X
- Difference Between Sony Cybershot S Series and W Series - December 22, 2012
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 - December 21, 2012
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S2 (Galaxy S II) and Galaxy S 4G - December 20, 2012