Difference Between Apple iPhone 4 and Motorola Droid X
Apple iPhone 4 vs Motorola Droid X
The iPhone 4 and the Droid X are very similar when it comes to specs but there are subtle differences between them, which may sway one over the other. The most significant difference is probably the operating system. The iPhone 4 sticks with the Apple iOS while the Droid X uses Google’s Android. The apps for both are not usable on the other so if you like an iPhone app, the best you can do is look for an Android app that does the same thing.
With the hardware, we start with the screens. Although both device uses a capacitive multi-touch screen, that of the Droid X is significantly bigger than the iPhone’s by 0.8 inches. Despite this, the iPhone’s screen has a much higher resolution compared to that of the Droid X. The camera of the Droid X is also superior to that of the iPhone when it comes to resolution. The Droid X sports an 8 megapixel camera while the iPhone is only equipped with a 5 megapixel camera. But both cameras are able to record HD quality video.
iPhone models have a fixed amount of memory of either 16GB or 32GB. In comparison, the Droid X only has 8GB of internal memory but comes with a 16GB memory card. This is even expandable to 32GB for a total of 40GB. The battery of the iPhone is also in the same state. It is internal and cannot be replaced by the user. The Droid X’s battery is user replaceable and you can even opt to replace its stock battery with third party offerings with higher capacities.
Lastly, the iPhone is only compatible with GSM networks while the Droid X only works with CDMA networks. The iPhone is still better for travelling outside the US as most parts of the world use GSM rather than CDMA.
1. The iPhone 4 uses the iOS while the Droid X uses Google Android
2. The iPhone 4 has a smaller screen but with higher resolution than the Droid X
3. The iPhone 4 camera has a lower resolution than that of the Droid X
4. The iPhone 4 has a fixed amount of memory while that of the Droid X is expandable
5. The iPhone 4 has a built-in battery while the Droid X battery is user replaceable
6. The iPhone 4 only works with GSM networks while the Droid X is meant for CDMA networks
Search DifferenceBetween.net :
Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family.